Marzipan is a thick almond paste. That can be used to decorate all kinds of sponge cakes. The consistency of marzipan is thick, the texture is like moulding clay, and it’s malleable. Thus making it suitable for decorating cakes and bakes. Because of it’s malleable nature, marzipan can be using in rolling, shaping, moulding, and modelling shapes. Making for a perfect edible decoration.
- 200g icing sugar (or just powder the normal sugar)
- 200g almonds (blanched or powdered)
- Rose water (as per requirement)
Method: 20 minutes
- Add the sugar to almond and powder the mixture.
- Pour the rose water in and start to knead the dough.
- Knead the dough to a moist consistency.
- Your marzipan is ready!
Once, it’s done. Wrap a cling film around the marzipan. This is to prevent marzipan from becoming hard. As, almonds do have a tendency to react with air.