Cauliflower & Broccoli Cavatappi (Pasta)
It’s a work day, I need a quick and healthy packed lunch. My savior was Cauliflower and Broccoli pasta. Cauliflower is a great source of Vitamin C and it has Vitamin B & K in moderate levels. Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin C and K. Both are low in calories, a 100g serving of Cauliflower gives 25 calories, and the 100g of broccoli provides 34 calories. Adding them to pasta will help you reduce the calories in your usual pasta. I am in love with the colour combination of this dish! I used, Cavatappi a.k.a spiral pasta it locks in the flavor perfectly. Ok, let’s jump to the ingredients now.
Ingredients Prep time: 15mins Cook time: 15mins (approx)
- White onion – 1
- Cauliflower- 250g
- Broccoli – 175g
- Garlic cloves -3
- Green chili – 1
- Fresh thyme – 10g
- Fresh parsley – 10g
- Cavatappi (pasta) – 200g
- Olive oil
- Cook the Cavatappi pasta according to instructions given in the pack and keep it aside
- In the same water, boil the broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Thinly slice the white onions, chop the garlic cloves, and green chili
- In another sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once, the oil is heated. add slices onions, chopped garlic, green chili, and thyme
- saute them until the onions becomes soft and bring out the aroma.
- Now add the boiled broccoli and cauliflower florets and toss them for 2 minutes.
- Finally add in the Cavatappi, chopped parsley (&2 table spoons of water) into floret mixture and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
Quick, easy and healthy Cavatappi is ready to serve now. You can sprinkle a bit of low fat cheese on top of the pasta.
- Can add a little olive oil, while tossing everything together.
- You can alter the flavors according to your preference.